On February 4th 2019, https://www.Lightseekers.cards announced a balance change hitting Lightseekers. The balance change is being made to the card ‘Geode Hatchling’. This change will affect both physical and digital play.
Why the changes?
They have a pretty good explanation as to why the change is being made. See below.
This is a card that has been on our radar for some time, given that it is able to recycle other cards. Typically these kinds of cards include the keyword Burn in their card text to prevent ‘infinite’ card cycling (as seen with Root Singer or, more recently, Storm Calling). With Geode Hatchling, there have been previous instances of this card causing undesirable game states, especially when paired with Stubborn Everok. However, these cases have been sporadic and strategies revolving around such interactions have been difficult to pull off.https://www.Lightseekers.cards
It is nice to see that they are watching what the community is doing with their decks and making tweeks as they see fit.
They said “as the game has matured and the community has grown, players have been able to put together and refine these strategies much faster, resulting in powerful and consistent stun decks that have very few counters.”
What is changing?
This is what has led them to ultimately make the update to the card effect of Geode Hatchling to include Burn.
What this means is that:
– It cannot be moved out of the discard pile
– If a card attempts to move a card labelled as Burn out of the discard pile, the move fails. These cards are kept in the Discard Pile once they move there
– It cannot be stored under other cards
– It cannot be moved from play (Buff Area or Equipped Items) to hand or deck
– When ‘Played’, it cannot be moved to hand or deck
The latest release of the digital app has taken place today that incorporates this change and a few other minor fixes:
– Camouflage will now affect Attack abilities as well as Attack cards
– Opening a booster pack will now correctly tell you when a card is “New” for you in all cases.
What are your thoughts on the changes? Any other cards that need some tweeks or updates?